OTHER RESOURCES - Great Lakes Specific
Material on climate change, its likely impacts, and opportunities for mitigation and adaptation.
- Great Lakes Echo, Knight Center for Environmental Journalism, MSU
Continually updated stories on the Great Lakes region
- Fact sheets on climate change, MSU Extension (2011)
Greenhouse Gas Basics and Field Crop Agriculture and Climate Change
- Survey of Michigan local government leaders' views on climate change, University of Michigan (2011)
- Great Lakes National Parks in Peril: The Threats of Climate Disruption, Rocky Mountain Climate Organization and Natural Resources Defense Council (2011)
- "Improving the Odds: Using Climate-Readiness to Reduce the Impacts of Climate Change on the Great Lakes Ecosystem," National Wildlife Federation (2010)
- "Global Climate Change Impacts in the United States- Midwest Section," US Global Change Research Program (2009)
- "Preparing for Climate Change in the Great Lakes Region" Michigan Sea Grant (2009)
- Michigan Climate Action Council Plan, MI Department of Environmental Quality (2009)
- Presentations from MSU's Environmental Science and Policy Program (ESPP) conferences on Climate Change in the Great Lakes Region (2007, 2008, and 2010)
- "Survey of Michigan Residents on the Issue of Global Warming and Climate Policy Options" Rabe & Borick (2008) (University of Michigan)
- "Great Lakes Restoration and the Threat of Global Warming," Healing Our Waters - Great Lakes Coalition (2008)
- "Potential Impacts of Climate Variability and Change on Water Quantity and Quality in the Great Lakes Region." This symposium was held in April 2008 at MSU to to identify major climate change-related issues and concerns, which can be used to direct future research efforts. Order a DVD and view all the presentations, including Q & A sessions.
- ESPP Conference Summary of Key Messages for Decision Makers
- Knight Center for Environmental Journalism's "Meltdown," a program on climate change featuring MSU faculty.
- Knight Center for Environmental Journalism's web site on Great Lakes climate change